Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the Johnson & Johnson WiSTEM2D Scholars Award Program 2023.
About the WiSTEM2D Scholars Award
The Johnson & Johnson Scholars Award Program aims to fuel development of female STEM2D leaders and feed the STEM2D talent pipeline by awarding and sponsoring women at critical points in their careers, in each of the STEM2D disciplines: Science, Technology, Engineering, Math, Manufacturing and Design.
The awards will fund early to mid-career women working within a STEM2D university department. The goal is to fuel the research passion of the awarded women and inspire career paths in their respective STEM2D fields.
Johnson & Johnson is looking to identify global women leading in both their research fields and leading as mentors, to be a vision for girls and other women in STEM2D.
The following award criteria applies:
Standards for evaluation:
Judges will use the following criteria to evaluate the applications:
- Scientific/technical expertise exhibited
- Novelty/innovation of the research
- Potential impact of the research
- Feasibility of the research
You must be a woman working in the field(s) of Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, Manufacturing and Design (STEM2D).
You must be an early to mid-career women working within a STEM2D university department at the time of application at an accredited academic university, institution or design school. Examples include a non-tenured assistant professor, assistant professor or associate professor.
The female scholar should have a minimum degree for the appropriate field:
- Science; M.D., Ph.D.
- Technology; Ph.D.
- Engineering; Ph.D.
- Math; M.S., Ph.D.
- Manufacturing; Ph.D.
- Design; M.A., M.S., MDes, MArch, MFA, MLA, Ph.D.
The Scholars Award is a three-year award in the gross amount of $150,000, which will be paid to the University (the “Recipient”) for the benefit of the Johnson & Johnson Scholar and her research, with the understanding that the Recipient will administer the funds.
The Scholars Award will be paid in three (3) installments of U.S. $50,000 per year of the three-year scholarship period, payable in 2022, subject to compliance with the terms and conditions of the program’s Agreement. Winners achievements will also be showcased at a symposium.
In addition to general contact details and demographics, the scholar applicant is responsible for the provision of documents into the application system, including non-confidential letters of recommendation.
- Submit a university or school department head letter of recommendation (Note: each university / institution can support one applicant per STEM2D discipline; six applicants in total).
- Write 1,000 words detailing your proposed area of research. One additional page can be added for images, or references.
- Submit your resume (three pages, font size 11), including a list of publications, presentations, abstracts, current financial support already obtained, other folio work and two references.
- Submit a brief outline of your budget for proposed research. (Note: a template is provided if needed.)
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply for the award through this link.
September 30, 2022